THE ALTERNATIVE TO ETHICON’S DISCONTINUED SAGB (Swedish Adjustable Gastric Band)
THE SMARTEST DESIGN FOR SAFETY, EFFICIENCY AND COMFORT
• Optimised ergonomy: Tailored sizes to fit all types of patient’s anatomies
• Prevented complications: No stomach pinching (rounded angles)
• Adjustement ease: Large septum for patient’s comfort
ADJUSTABLE BAND: A THERAPY FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES*
2-year follow-up: 73% reduction of type 2 diabetes(1)
5-year follow-up: 85.7% reduction of type 2 diabetes(1)
BYPASS REVISION WITH BIORING
15% of by pass failure after 5 years (2)
In cases of failed bypass, LAGB is a feasible and effective salvage procedure with minimal complications and morbidity rate, performed by an experienced surgeon. (3)
*» Bioring indications are for obesity treatment for patients with a BMI > 40 or a BMI > 35 with one co-morbidity» (1) Adjustable Gastric Banding and Conventional Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes (2) Laparoscopic adjustable banded roux-en-y gastric bypass as a primary procedure for the super-super-obese (body mass index > 60 kg/m²). (3) Midterm results for gastric banding as salvage procedure for patients with weight loss failure after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
Dr. Tiziano Berselli was born on January 13th, 1955 in Modena. He graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Modena in 1980 and specialised in the general and thoracic surgery. He worked a lot on the laparoscopy (project, texts, teaching…) and the video laparoscopy surgery. He practises obesity surgery with the adjustable gastric banding technique placed by laparoscopy.
- In your opinion, what is the secret for a successful bariatric surgery?
- The secret of a successful bariatric surgery resides in a proper patient selection and most of all in an appropriate follow-up.
- From your point of view, which surgical operation presents the lowest risk rate?
- The safest surgical technique and better cost-benefit ratio is presented by gastric banding, without a doubt.
- From a surgeon’s perspective, what are the benefits of Bioring compared to other products?
- Its size makes it easy to handle, both during the introduction through the trocart and in the retrogastric tunnel.It has a simple and easy-to-use locking system, which allows easy repositioning when necessary. The port low profile and self-locking is, in my opinion, the best on the market because it is comfortable for the patient, it is not difficult to place and easy to find.
BIORING® Laparoscopic Adjustable Bioring Band The alternative to Ethicon’s discontinued SAGB
• Lower complication rates and less pain(1): self-adhesive port, no sutures needed
• Time and cost savingcost saving
• Proven good results(2)
• Possibility of double port securing (Adhesix port and 1 stitch)
(1) «Ref.: Literature rates, gastric bands Date: August 2013 »
(2) ETUDE NIVILLE A Mid-term experience with the Cousin Obesity Surgery 2012
оriginal news http://surgery.moscow/smos/2017/04/19/the-alternative-to-ethicons-discontinued-sagb-swedish-adjustable-gastric-band/